Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Vikings.
Subscribe to Vikings Journal Email

From MinnCentric

Robinson in hot water--no Joshing

josh robinson
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Oberle

Joe Oberle

53 Man Roster

• Administrators
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Head coach Mike Zimmer appears to be reaching his boiling with the injury prone Josh Robinson. Asked at his press conference Tuesday when he thought Robert Blanton and Robinson would return from their hamstring injuries, Zimmer said that he thought Blanton would return today, and "the other guy, who knows?"

Previously he said in reference to Robinson that "it's hard to make the club in the tub." He sounds a little exasperated with Robinson continually being out with injury. Is he in danger of not making the roster, or the Vikings too thin at cornerback? What say you?

#2 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Practice Squad

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

I say he is athletic and still quite young, I would keep him. But I can see him being cut.

#3 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

I'm no expert on the Vikings roster but it seems like they shouldn't be giving up cornerbacks at this point, even frustrating ones.

#4 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

He may end up being cut by a brand new coaching staff just to send a message.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

Practice Squad

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

Even with a down season last year, and all the missed time from injury this preseason, I bet he still makes the final 53. Too talented and we don't have a lot of talent in the defensive backfield.

#6 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Rookie

• Administrators
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

Given his athleticism at a position of major need and the fact that he was a third-round pick just two years ago, I have a hard time believing he's at risk of getting cut.

#7 Joe Oberle

Joe Oberle

53 Man Roster

• Administrators
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Looks like Robinson got the not-so-subtle message from his coach and wandered back into practice yesterday. There is a new sheriff in town named Mike Zimmer. As much as I liked Leslie Frazier, he might have been a little soft on these guys with injuries. Seemed to have a lot of people out nursing injuries often and never really let on how much it bothered him. Zimmer doesn't seem to be hiding his feelings.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: josh robinson