Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Vikings.
Subscribe to Vikings Journal Email

Middle Aged Men in Football Jerseys

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JSwanson

JSwanson

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

I'm sure like most on this site I am a lifelong Vikings fan. I am also a fan who likes to wear football jerseys to the various Vikings games I attend, a real stud. Being someone in my mid-30's I would prefer to have a throwback jersey. Does anyone on this site know of a vendor on the web who sells vintage Vikings jerseys? Or could create them? I've checked ebay and unless you desire a pit stained Randy Moss jersey you're not going to find much (there are also an inordinate amount of Jeff George jerseys, odd). Mitchell and Ness sells a 1995 and 2000 Cris Carter jersey, decent but I would prefer another player. Maybe this is a pipe dream but I thought this venue would be the place to ask. Thanks!

-Justin

#2 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Practice Squad

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

I would suggest figuring out what player you are interested in and then Googling the player's name with vintage jersey.  A quick search showed me plenty of Alan Page, Fran Tarkenton, Carl Eller and Tommy Kramer jerseys.

Also, stop referring to guys in their mid-30's as middle aged or I'll send the moderators at you for being an agitator.

#3 JSwanson

JSwanson

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the advice Nick. I have attempted the google method unfortunately many of these jerseys are no longer active sites and/or limited to one size. So if anyone knows of a vendor please pass it on. Thanks!

#4 gil4

gil4

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the advice Nick. I have attempted the google method...

His other advice was much more useful/important  :)