Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Vikings.
Subscribe to Vikings Journal Email

Article: Enemy Fan Forums: Green Bay Packers

minnesota vikings green bay packers enemy fan forums
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Funkytown

Funkytown

Purple Pain Big Dog

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationNortheast, Iowa

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:18 PM

Do we really want to know what Packers fans are saying about this weekend's matchup? Well, probably not ... but here we go anyway! Here is this week's edition of Enemy Fan Forums.Packer Forum

https://www.packerforum.com/

Packer Chatters

http://www.packerchatters.com/

Football's Future: Green Bay Packers

http://www.footballs...wforum.php?f=17

Packers Times Four

http://packers.times...een-bay-packers

Packers Home

http://www.packershome.com/forum/

What they're saying...

This game won't be close, Chicago was playing good against good teams these last 4 weeks and was looking far better than a 3-win team, while meantime the Vikes have devolved into Cleveland Brown bad play.

Packers 41 Vikings 10 is my call.

Now now...you do realize who the DC is don't you?! Mr. no killer instinct himself...

Well I hope you realize who the Vikes QB is, Mr cant throw a ball straight beyond 15 yards himself.

I think the Vikings are totally beatable and after our win against Seattle, I felt great about our chances this season. But after today's ridiculous near-collapse, and remembering how good we made Bradford look last time, I'm not so sure. I think we will win in a very close one. I dread the stress!

This Vikings team is a DUMPSTER FIRE!!! We should be favored by 20 in this game.

Their D hasn't been that good in the back half of the season either, and I really think they've gotten so bad this time around that this game is going to be almost a replica of what we did to Seattle. The Seahawks are a way better team and Minny has no chance to win this one, they'd better start panicking right now.

I do not want to get too excited too soon. This team has a solid defense that WILL show up to play in Green Bay. That being said #RunTheTableRodgers has played some of the best football I have seen out of an injured QB, ever. Now that being said, our 4th quarter defense loves to let him and us fans down in the last minutes of a football game. Let's see how many turn overs we can create, because that is the only way we can stop a team from scoring.

I have confidence in our team, but damn does it still make me nervous every week. We all know how unpredictable the game is and what drives these guys to show up, or not show up. And divisional games are especially notorious for this. On another note, give Ty 25+ carries please!!

This weekend could be great. Set up a chance to win the division and officially knock the vikings out of the playoffs. They still have a shot with Washington losing so they have something to play for. I actually expect them to play much better than last week. My guess would be 17-13 packers

Rodgers' mobility or lack thereof is my biggest concern there.... followed closely by the pass defense.

Regardless of what Zimmer says to his players, they don't need anything to motivate them to beat GB. They hate us, we hate them, and it's going to come down to who executes the best. This game make me uncomfortable but that fact alone should make it a more interesting game to watch. This will be the toughest challenge GB will face yet this season, given everything that's at stake.

Alex Boone, on the Vikings being near elimination after starting 5-0:
"It's almost frustrating to the point where you want to break everything in sight."

I'm pretty jacked for this game. It will be my first Packer game at Lambeau (MN transplant)

I like our chances. MN's strong early season performance was kind of a fluke (they were plus 12ish with no TOs in 5 games). Their o-line might be the worst I've seen in 22 years of watching the NFL. They can't run the ball. The only thing that worries me is I still don't trust our pass rush and Bradford has been efficient passing (I could see a few frustrating 6+ minute drives with a ton of dink and dunk passes). I still don't see them scoring more than 14 points.

Never, ever doubt that the Vikings will be bringing their "A" game Saturday. Division games are always tough. Look at the Bears game to get an idea of what to expect. Bradford will probably have a career day- Vikings QB's always seem to do well against the Packers, for some reason. And with the recent weak Packers pass rush, this could be another nail biter. But as long as the scoreboard shows the good guys with more points when the whistle blows, that is all that matters.

They have speed on both sides of the ball - that's what scares me the most. If our D can't get to Bradford then it'll be a long day for our secondary. On offense, if Rodgers doesn't get in rhythm and get the ball out fast, their defense will eat him up. Hopefully MM will put together a winning game plan, and hopefully the players are ready. It's gonna be a tight game, IMO.

Ye of so little faith!
I'd told you we were going to CRUSH Chicago....and we did.
I'd also told you we were going to CRUSH MN......on our way to CRUSHING DET....and we will :)

The only way MN wins is scoring off turnovers and ST, so hopefully the coaches are spending extra time on the ball security drills and having Schum just kick it OOB. No turnovers and we should certainly win

Some fun Viking Vs Packers facts:

HC Mike McCarthy has a 14-6-1 record against Minnesota since he took over in 2006 and has an 8-2-1 record at home against the Vikings.Aaron Rodgers is 11-6 vs. the Vikings in his career, has won 10 out of the last 13 games, and is 6-2 vs. MN at home with a 107.2 passer rating, 16 touchdowns and four picks

The Minnesota Vikings said this week's game against the Packers will be a circus. Except circuses have three more rings than the Vikings.

The Vikings OL is simply horrendous. To be fair, they have four tackles on IR.

Plus they also lost their starting center and RT from last year's team.
This is one reason why I was not so sure about the Bradford trade. They might have been better off with Hill at QB because of his better mobility.

Im a little timid after we handled Chicago, but after what Indianapolis did to the Vikings by ripping out their souls, we should be throwing the corpse around like a ragdoll. That's the kind of loss that completely deflates a team of its identity, and we need continue the aftershocks.

It's not going to be an easy game. We're going up against a team put together by the best GM in football.

Instead of dreaming about playoff scenarios we should discuss our next opponent who would love nothing more than knock us out of the hunt here.

IMO Zimmer has been making mistakes berating his team in public after these loses. Some may want McCarthy gone but during our 4 game losing streak Mac never said a discouraging word about his squad to the press and the team stuck together and is now on a winning streak. It was shocking to see Indy put 34 points up against that defense at home with their season on the line. Will they continue to sink or will they come to GB with fire in their belly?

This is the Vikes SB. There is no doubt they'll be up for this game....but that's good for GB because they have been in playoff mode for weeks now so they'll be prepared.

I can't believe there are coaches like Arians and Zimmer who just come right out and say their players are bad. I get annoyed with McCarthy for saying the same things when they're struggling, but I'd rather have a coach say the exact same things instead of one of those guys coming right out and saying the players suck.

The Vikings are not the same team on the road. The Vikings offensive line on real grass in the cold temperatures will struggle. The coldest temperatures they have played in this season were in the 50's against the Redskins 7 weeks ago. Meanwhile the Packers have been playing in the snow and cold for 3 straight weeks. That will be huge.

The only way this game is competitive is if Harrison Smith is back and if the front 4 of the Vikings can get consistent pressure. We've seen Rodgers take advantage of teams with 2nd string safeties, this game will be no different. I'm worried that our OL is banged up, but I don't think the Vikings front 4 will be as fast on the Tundra.

I think it will be low scoring unless Monty is able to play the full game. THat's a big if because Mike doesn't seem to like to play him in the second half. I'll go Packers 24 Vikings 16.

I'm less worried about this game than I was about the Chicago game. As bad as the Bears might be, they do have the weapons on offense to put up points and hurt a defense. I'll take a healthy Jordan Howard, Alshon Jeffery and their OL over whatever the Vikings have at those positions.

The Vikings offense is banged up (Diggs, Thielen, AP, their OL) so I expect us to do better this time defensively. As great as Diggs was in Week Two, it only resulted in 17 points. Only the Jets and Houston have a worst red zone offense than the Vikings.

Harrison Smith possibly missing this game should benefit our offense.

The wheels have completely come off the Vikings offense. It's just awful and there is no reason to expect them to catch fire. They have literally nothing they can hang their hat on. The OL is garbage, Bradford is mediocre. The receivers are nothing special, and they can't run the ball either. They are 31st in total offense, even with the hot start.

On defense, they at least have talent, but they are worn down and getting no help from the offense, aren't going to win the game themselves.

The Vikings are a mess and imploding. They aren't ready to handle the Packers now.

I think it will be a close game even if it shouldn't be, but the Packers should be the clear favorite with how both teams have been playing. Vikings fans at this point want nothing more than to eliminate the Packers, so it will be fun to browse through their forum when we win. :D

Thoughts?!

Click here to view the article
  • Reignman likes this

30m4wna.png

#2 Funkytown

Funkytown

Purple Pain Big Dog

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationNortheast, Iowa

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

This is one reason why I was not so sure about the Bradford trade. They might have been better off with Hill at QB because of his better mobility.

faints-o.gif

:WTF:

• Danchat and Aussie61 like this

30m4wna.png

#3 Aussie61

Aussie61

Practice Squad

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

:ROFL:

faints-o.gif

:WTF:

Yeah,that one caught my eye too  :ROFL:

#4 Reignman

Reignman

Purple Pain Little Dog

• Members
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

Yeah the Hill one, and this gem lol. Doesn't look like sarcasm.

It's not going to be an easy game. We're going up against a team put together by the best GM in football.

• Funkytown likes this

#5 Reignman

Reignman

Purple Pain Little Dog

• Members
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

The only thing I'm hoping for is this is the game that caused this team to look past the Colts last week. If the Colts were our trap game, then this game should be closer than expected. This should be the game our stupid players were saving their energy for, and they should have a lot stored up based on how they used absolutely zero last week. Otherwise if the players indeed have checked out for the season, then this is going to be another 2000 NFCCG kind of ugly.

#6 Reignman

Reignman

Purple Pain Little Dog

• Members
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

And holy sh*t, I have to find out from Packers fans that we play on Saturday? ALL games are on Saturday?! When did this happen? Ahhh right, xmas. Do people still celebrate that nonsense? NFL screwing up my internal clock again.
  • Nemesis of Norm likes this

#7 Nemesis of Norm

Nemesis of Norm

Team Captain

• Members
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:01 PM

And holy sh*t, I have to find out from Packers fans that we play on Saturday? ALL games are on Saturday?! When did this happen? Ahhh right, xmas. Do people still celebrate that nonsense? NFL screwing up my internal clock again.

I just found out 5 minutes before I read this, and I'm really pucking fissed off about it. I have been looking forward to ruining my non-religious Christmas with a Vikings game for weeks, not my precious Saturday which I had much better plans for. Another reason the NFL doesn't get any of my money. Puckering fackers.

• Reignman likes this

#8 theBOMisthebomb

theBOMisthebomb

Ball Boy

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:53 AM

The comments from the Packers fans were surprisingly reasonable and well thought, for the most part. Yeah, there were a few silly posts by a Cheese head with blinders on - it was enlightening to see a few give acceptable and logical arguments as to why the Vikes could make it close. I have only met one Pack fan in real life who displayed this type of rational thought. Normally, it's Packers blinders and no rational discourse with these people. Then you listen to that hack Dave Sinykin on KFAN babble and all the "Packers fans are total homers stereotypes" are confirmed. These comments were eye opening in that most were reasonable.

#9 Reignman

Reignman

Purple Pain Little Dog

• Members
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

My brother is a Packers fan (he was dropped at birth ... or maybe I was come to think of it) and he's about as negative about the Packers as I am the Vikings lol. Doesn't matter who they play, he always thinks it's going to be the game they lose. Or if the Packers are driving late for the lead, he always thinks Rodgers will throw an INT.

No idea where he gets it. The Packers aren't the proven chokers that the Vikings are, and have been. In fact they're the opposite. They always seem to pull out the impossible. Like the Lions and Cardinals (to tie) games last year, and the fact that they're going to win the division this year. So if he's that pessimistic with the Packers he would be suicidal as a Vikings fan lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minnesota vikings, green bay packers, enemy fan forums