Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Vikings.
Subscribe to Vikings Journal Email

Article: Bears at Vikings Official Game Thread

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Oberle

Joe Oberle

Pro Bowler

• Administrators
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:15 AM

The 2016 Vikings season mercifully comes to end today with the Vikings playing host to the Chicago Bears at the U.S. Bank Stadium. There are some other things ending as well, and if you haven’t heard about it yet, then this musical link is here for you.But more importantly, we’d all like to see the Vikings finish on a winning note. We’d like to see the defense play better than it has the past few weeks. And we’d like something to get excited about (maybe a bunch of points) going into the offseason. The 2016 version of the Vikings has been difficult to take after a 5-0 start, now that it’s just a battle to reach .500.

It is important to beware of the Bears, but the general sense about them is they have cashed it on this season. At 3-12, they are tied with the Jacksonville Jaguars for the third-worst record in the league and probably don’t want to hurt their draft position at this point. A couple of quick scores by the Purple could cause this one to be over early—but since it’s the last game of the season, you could also see some players looking for a last hurrah (just like I will with my game wrap piece later today).

Like any football season, the end of one is the beginning of another in just a few weeks’ time. The discussion will quickly turn to the Vikings’ offseason and questions about what will be done and who will be around to do it next season. You will find conversations all over the internet (including at purplePTSD.com, where I will be found from time to time), and those are certainly legitimate topics for this space—so chime in on that. I am sure the Vikings will give some to talk about—they always do.

My chatter will be quite limited, as I am going to watch the game from the U.S. Bank Stadium seats with my kids (one of them lives in Chicago, but it is Vikings fan) rather than the press box, hoping for a different perspective. (I haven’t quite figured out how to post from my phone yet, but I will be checking in at some point.) I wonder if the Vikings will look better to me from there.

Regardless, as always, enjoy the game. Skol!

Happy New Year, and thanks a lot for reading.

Click here to view the article

#2 Funkytown

Funkytown

Purple Pain Big Dog

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationNortheast, Iowa

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

For those who don't know yet, this place will be shutting down after the Super Bowl.

This is where we're at: http://purplepain.proboards.com

Join us! :govikes:

30m4wna.png

#3 Nemesis of Norm

Nemesis of Norm

Team Captain

• Members
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

We won't be using this here thread on Vikings Journal today

The game thread for today is http://purplepain.pr...support-edition

See you at the new/old site!

#4 Minniman

Minniman

Winter is Coming

• Members
  • 3,337 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

Sorry Joe, ...

• Joe Oberle likes this

#5 Joe Oberle

Joe Oberle

Pro Bowler

• Administrators
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

Sorry Joe, ...

Thanks a Minniman, for all your support--publicly and privately. Much appreciated. I will see you down the road.

• Funkytown likes this

#6 Minniman

Minniman

Winter is Coming

• Members
  • 3,337 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

Sorry Joe, ...

Thanks a Minniman, for all your support--publicly and privately. Much appreciated. I will see you down the road.

Any time, my friend.